Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Volunteer
Type of Job
111 Mountain View Street, Weaverville, CA, USA
December 12, 2022
About the job
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
· Meet individually with clients, interview clients, review tax documents, and prepare returns using professional tax software.
· Connect clients to meaningful savings opportunities including U.S. Savings Bonds and credit union accounts
· Must successfully complete free tax preparation training and pass IRS certification test
· Must maintain client confidentiality
· Ability to build rapport & discuss sensitive financial information with care
· No prior tax experience is required, but an ability to prepare a basic tax return or other relevant classroom or work experience in tax law or accounting is recommended
· A minimum of one 4-6-hour shift, one to two weekdays (Monday – Friday) per week during tax season (January 25th to April 18th)
· Our greatest need is during February and early March, when our tax site is the busiest
· Tax Volunteers are required to attend a pre-season orientation and complete the training
· Training is online through IRS’s Link and Learn system, which can be done at HRN with one-on-one mentoring and assistance
· Both new and returning Tax Volunteers must pass the IRS certification exam
· Gain professional skills while helping families in Trinity County boost their financial stability!
· Free tax law and tax preparation training, culminating in IRS certification
· Support from trained Vita Volunteers and staff with 15+ years’ experience
Job Description: Qualifications and Job Duties
Download the job description for a list of qualifications and job duties.