Student Intern - Tobacco Education
Type of Job
111 Mountain View Street, Weaverville, CA, USA
April 4, 2023
About the job
PURPOSE of POSITION: Under the supervision of the Community Services Program Director and/or Program Coordinator II for Prevention Services, the Student Intern will assist with activities related to public health education and policy regarding tobacco education.
1. Must be a current high school or college student.
2. Knowledge of computer programs.
3. Be comfortable speaking in front of peers and adults.
4. Possess the ability to work independently and be accountable for tasks assigned.
5. The ability to work respectfully with persons from a variety of diverse backgrounds and points of view.
6. Good oral and written communication skills.
7. Be a positive role model for youth on and off campus.
8. Be tobacco free.
9. Work as a team player for whom the ownership of ideas is less important than the result of the collaborative effort. As such, the individual will be a team player who can take both leader and follower roles as the situation requires.
1. Assist with Tobacco Education Program activities in the community, including outreach events, youth activities, and development of education and outreach materials.
2. Co-facilitate youth and adult trainings and workshops.
3. Assist with program assessment including conducting surveys and data entry.
4. Adhere to HRN Employee Handbook.
5. Other duties as assigned for agency growth and development.
How to Apply
The application and job description are available at www.hrntrinity.org/jobs. A resume, and completed HRN job application are required to apply. A complete application package can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; mailed to PO Box 2370, Weaverville, CA 96093; or hand delivered to HRN at 111 Mountain View St., Weaverville, CA.